COVID-19 Conditions and Guarantees
17.Fixed term memberships will be honoured in full duration, and purchased lessons will continue to be delivered, over an extended period if necessary to allow for any forced closure of our facility or cancelled activities due to national, local or operational restrictions.
18. Refunds, suspensions or early termination of membership or other products for reasons owing to COVID-19 are not permitted. Please note terms 8 and 42.
19. Membership cards are issued to all members and you must use it to sign in at reception before every visit.
20. Your membership card is solely for your use as your membership is personal to you and only covers your use of the gym. If, following investigation, we believe that your membership card has been used fraudulently with or without your knowledge by another person, we reserve the right to cancel your membership with immediate effect. In such a case, no refund will be given.
21. Lost or damaged membership cards are subject to a replacement fee.
22. The card remains our property at all times and shall be returned to us upon termination of your membership.
Member Health and Inductions
23. Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise before or during your use of our facilities, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a doctor before continuing. To the best of your knowledge you are in good health and not knowingly incapable of engaging in either active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to your health, safety, comfort, wellbeing or physical condition. Further, that you will notify us immediately should your circumstances change.
24. For safety reasons you are responsible for correctly using all facilities and reading site signs. We strongly advise that all members complete an induction to the gym, particularly for new and/or inexperienced gym users and you should ask for one if we do not offer you one. If you are not sure how to use any of the equipment, always ask a member of staff.
Fees, Charges and Discounts
25. If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you any extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us from enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
26. Membership fees shall not be refunded should you decide not to attend the club.
27. Any discounted memberships, including but not limited to, student or corporate memberships are only valid whilst qualifying prerequisites are met.
Termination by us
28.We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notifying you if you are in breach of the site’s rules, or if your conduct in our reasonable opinion, may be injurious to our character, name or interests or it is such that it renders you unfit to associate with our other facility users.
29. If we terminate your membership, you shall forfeit all the privileges of membership with immediate effect without any entitlement to any claim for any refund of their membership fee.
30. A 14 day cooling off period is applicable to membership agreements, during which all fees may be repaid.
31. All bookings must be paid for in advance.
32. Cancellation within 24 hours of the activity start time will receive no refund.
33. Swim academy lesson blocks, class credit packages and personal training credit bundles are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
34. Sports Centre members are entitled to a single complimentary badminton / tennis court booking per adult member, per day.
35. Complimentary booking access may be restricted for members who book courts and fail to attend on three occasions within three consecutive months.
36. Some physical contact is often required during the teaching of physical activities by our qualified and professional staff. Consenting to this is a condition of the booking and attendance of swimming lessons.
37. Progress and performance information may be shared with Clifton College teachers for lesson attendees who are also enrolled as Clifton College students.
38. Swimming lesson blocks are non-refundable.
Cancellation by you
39. One additional payment cycle will be charged after notice is given by a member to cancel a monthly membership.
40. Notice must be provided by members in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be confirmed by us in writing within 7 working days. Handwritten notices of cancellation via post or by hand are strongly discouraged.
41. It is not possible to cancel monthly memberships within the first three months of the membership agreement.
42. It is not possible to cancel or refund fixed term memberships.
43. Applications to freeze a membership due to medical conditions will be considered on a case by case basis. Applications must be made in writing to email@example.com and our decision is final. A monthly fee may apply to freeze a membership.
44.Your administration fee (if applicable) and up to two month’s (pro rata) membership fees are collected from you by us at the time of purchase. Administration fees are applied to cover the initial administration costs associated with setting up a new membership and Direct Debit agreement, as well as a contribution towards the cost of a membership card and induction.
45. Direct Debit collections are made on a monthly basis thereafter, and are charged on or around the 15th of the month. Each payment made is not refundable under any circumstances.
46. From time to time we may need to increase the price of membership. We will give you at least one full months’ notice of any incoming price increase and will make it very clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase. During this period, you will have your usual right to terminate your membership in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Fixed Term Memberships
47. Fixed term membership rates are fixed and payable at the time of joining.
48. Fixed term memberships are valid for a given period, after/during which members have the option to renew.
Pay as You Go Memberships
49. This membership entitles holders to book classes, Personal Training, Swimming Lessons and other facilities for which additional fees apply.
Guests of Members
50. Adult Sports Centre members are permitted up to three guests at a time who must register their details with reception and pay a guest fee before entering.
51. Members and their guests must both enter and leave the facility at the same time. No guests of members are permitted on-site without their members.
52. Guests of members using the gym facilities must be experienced gym users.
Free Trial Memberships
53. Free trials are subject to a single use fair use policy and are issued at our sole discretion. This offer, or multiple uses of it, may be cancelled without warning.
Joint and Family Memberships
54. Joint memberships are for two people of any age, living at the same address (proof required).
55. Family memberships are for up to two parents/guardians and dependents under 18 years of age.
Staff and Zoo Staff Memberships
56. Current Staff memberships are valid for 12 months under the rules outlined in the College benefits. This membership is offered to Full-time permanent members of staff, for themselves, a partner, and dependents under 18 years of age.
57. Part-time and casual members of College staff are entitled to membership for themselves only.
58. Zoo staff memberships are valid for 6 months for current staff and must be purchased/renewed with staff photo ID cards.
59. These memberships are void as soon as employment with the College or Bristol Zoo is terminated (as applicable).
60. These memberships require a one-off administration fee per person to begin.
Marketing and Data Protection
62. Personal information will never be passed on to any third party.
63. Clifton College Services Ltd. Is committed to your privacy and ensuring you have control over marketing communications that you receive from us. If you would like to receive marketing communications from us please indicate this below by ticking yes to opt in.
January 2022 Promotion – 10% off Memberships Terms and Conditions
- The promotion will run from 02/01/2022 to 31/01/2022.
- 10% off only applies to Individual, Joint, Family, Corporate, Student & Over 65’s memberships.
- Only applies to new members
- The discount cannot be applied to Pupils, Old Cliftonians or Parent of Pupil memberships
- The offer is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- This offer is not in conjunction with any other offer.
- Offer can only be used on Annual Memberships