Keeping Our Community Safe During Your Visit
Keeping Our Community Safe During Your Visit
Following the government updates on ‘Living with COVID’ we would like to update you on our current measures within the Sports Centre and Clifton Group Fitness studio.
The below information covers everything you need to know about our safety measures. We request all members remain vigilant and mindful of protecting themselves and others around them. As such, the following guidance and measures will still continue in our centre. If you still have questions after reading through our guidance information, please check out our FAQs before you get in touch. Please note that our opening hours may be subject to review in-line with demand and ongoing operational constraints.
We really appreciate the support and understanding that our entire community has shown throughout the pandemic so far. We ask that this understanding and patience continues as we do our best to reopen our facilities to our community under these unprecedented and challenging times for us all.
All measures will be under review and in line with government guidelines and industry standards
Before you visit us
- You must not visit us if you or anyone in your household are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Users will need to sign in with their contactless membership card, this will open the barrier and allow your entry.
- If you have lost your card, you will need to purchase a new one for £5.
- If you think that your basic details such as address, phone number or email address have recently changed, please email us at email@example.com to update them.
Around the Centre
- Although social distancing measures are no longer in place, we ask that all members be respectful of personal space and maintain a distance which would be appreciated by others.
- We ask that all members continue to use the hand sanitiser and anti viral spray provided throughout the centre to help us maintain a clean, safe environment.
- Doors and windows remain open where possible to encourage ventilation and fresh air flow.
- There is additional signage and staff supervision in place to help us all stay safe, please follow instructions and ask questions if necessary.
For Pool Users
- The changing room lockers will be available to store your valuable items (padlocks are available at the Sports Centre Reception.)
- If you do make use of the lockers, we please ask that you use the antiviral spray made available to wipe down your locker ready for the next member to use.
For Gym Users
- The kit in our gym has been rearranged to allow for social distancing, including the creation of additional gym space upstairs. This has allowed us to maintain a 49 station gym with all the variety that you’re used to with our brand new Technogym equipment.
- Although social distancing measures are no longer in place, we have kept our floor markings within the gym to allow our members to give each other a little extra personal space. We request that all members remain respectful of their proximity to others.
- Throughout the gym, you will notice we have invested in several GojiAir treatment units. The GojiAir purifiers neutralise viruses and bacteria, including COVID-19, as well as increasing indoor ventilation. We ask that members do not touch or change the settings on the machines.
- Please try to avoid prolonged usage of single equipment items during busy periods.
- Please wipe down all equipment and mats before and after use with the sprays and blue roll available. Additional bins and hand sanitiser has been placed around the facility to help keep the site clean and tidy.
- The water fountain is now available for topping up water bottles only.
For Clifton Group Fitness Users
- Clifton Group Fitness users should arrive ready to exercise as there are no changing facilities available.
- Toilets are available in the sports centre, as usual.
- Please sanitise your hands on entry.
- There is a maximum capacity of 15 people per class for Indoor Cycling and Pilates, and 12 people Total Body Conditioning.
- Floor markings are also in place to aid social distancing; please keep to your own space when exercising.
- If possible please try and bring your own mats for Pilates and Yoga.
- Windows and Doors will remain open throughout the class for good ventilation of the studio.
- Please wipe down all equipment before and after use – (bikes/matts and Kettlebells).
- Please leave the studio promptly at the end of your class to allow the instructor time to carry out additional preparation before the next class arrives.
- The studio will be disinfected with our new ‘fogging’ equipment between classes.
Enhanced Cleaning Regimes
- We recognise that although cleanliness has always been important to us and our members, there is a need to enhance our existing regime for our operation during the current pandemic.
- Our facilities are cleaned throughout the day by our professional cleaning staff, with a daily deep clean before the centre opens each day.
- In addition to this, we ask that members take responsibility upon themselves to clean mats, benches, free-weights and all other equipment after every use.
- Our staff will be more visible throughout the centre, adding to member’s ongoing disinfection routines; paying particular attention to frequent touch points and equipment.
- We have also invested in a state of the art fogging disinfection equipment for rapid and thorough disinfection of our free-weights equipment.
- Additional equipment sanitiser, hand sanitiser, blue roll and bins have been provided to ensure that you have the resources to help us all keep our facilities clean. Please use them and let any staff member know if any of our supplies are running low.
- Please do not remove any of our cleaning equipment between rooms or from the facility; it’s in place to help keep us all safe.
For Badminton and Tennis Players
- All bookings must be made by a member of our facility.
- No equipment is currently available for hire.
- We will ensure that nets and courts are set up ready for you before you play.
A big thank you
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all members of our community for their help and support. We are currently facing challenges that we cannot tackle without the help of our community, so thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we work through this together.
For Further Information
If you have further questions regarding the facility or your membership, please see our Frequently Asked Questions. If you are still struggling to find the answer to your query, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be back in touch as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience during this busy time.
Please contact us if you require this information in an alternative format.