Further Information for bookers
Thank you for your booking on the Easter Revision Courses at Clifton College, taking place between Monday 13th – Friday 17th April 2020.
The following information will be useful during your time with us. We hope you enjoy the week and profit from it in your forthcoming exams.
If you have any issues during your time on the Easter Revision Courses, please come first of all to the Clifton College Sports Centre on Guthrie Road, marked point 26 on the 3D campus map available to download below.
- For the daily timetable, please CLICK HERE. This timetable is meant as a guide only, some timings may change slightly, but students will be made aware of this.
- Some tutors may choose (after consultation with students) to cut short some break times in order to finish earlier on certain days.
- Students – please be ON TIME to all lessons, and please let your tutor know if you are going to absent for any reason. Unplanned/unauthorised absences lead to extra work and phonecalls having to be made to parents/guardians.
- Good Friday (19th April) – we shall be running as per a normal day on Friday, for your own benefit please check bus/train times for after the courses have finished
- The courses will finish by 1700 on the Friday, please arrange for departure by this point, there will be NO ACCOMMODATION available for residential students on the Friday evening
- All RESIDENTIAL students staying for the week should register at XXX, between 1630 – 1700 on Sunday 12th April. XXX can be located at point X on the 3D campus map available to download below. Please be aware that arrival earlier than this may result in staff not being present to welcome you in to the boarding house, and arrival much later will mean missing dinner @ 1730
- All DAY students studying two subjects, or a morning subject only, should register at the Clifton College Chapel, located at point 23 on the 3D campus map available to download below, between 0815 – 0845 on Monday 13th April.
- All DAY students studying an afternoon subject only should register at the Clifton College Chapel at 1300 on Monday 13th April.
- Clifton College is enclosed by an automated gate system, which will open upon presentation of a student access card (to be issued at registration), but you will be able to access freely before the courses begin on Monday
- Not all content you wish to be covered will be gone over on the first day/second day/third day, so please do not panic if everything you want to cover is not taught during this time! By the end of the week we are certain that you will have the tools and confidence to achieve your potential!
- We cannot teach a whole 2 year course in 15 hours, so it’s important that you highlight any areas to concentrate on with your tutor, and that you are active in your participation. Speak up and be confident in lessons, the more you participate the more benefit you’ll get out of the week.
- All students are required to bring notepads and pens; there is a shop on campus however should you need it.
- All teaching material will be provided, but you may find it useful to bring any pieces of work that you wish to go over with the tutor, including set texts/textbooks, a revision guide if you have one, past papers and mark schemes, and the syllabus.
- there is no official dress code for the week, school uniforms are NOT required (!), but what we do request is that you are “dressed to learn”, and not in pyjamas or ‘onesies’!