12 – 16 Years’ Activity Courses
As set out in the Government’s ‘COVID-19 Response – Spring 2021’ guidance, we are able to offer Easter holiday childcare to:
- Vulnerable children and young people.
- Children on free school meals, where they are attending as part of the Department for Education’s holiday activities and food programme
Other children, where the provision is:
- Reasonably necessary to enable their parents and carers to work, search for work, undertake education or training, or attend a medical appointment or address a medical need, or attend a support group.
- Being used by electively home educating parents as part of their existing arrangements for their child to receive a suitable full-time education.
- Being used as part of their efforts to obtain a regulated qualification, meet the entry requirements for an education institution, or to undertake exams and assessments
Children deemed clinically extremely vulnerable are advised not to attend out-of-school settings while shielding advice applies nationally. The Department of Health and Social Care has published updated guidance on ‘shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19’.
The ideal opportunity for young people to meet and mix with others who share similar interests. We feel it is important this age group receives a mature experience which is reflected in the course content and high standard of coaches and tutors. The programme is varied and has been designed specifically for young people.