As set out in the Government’s ‘COVID-19 Response – Spring 2021’ guidance, we are able to offer Easter holiday childcare to:
- Vulnerable children and young people.
- Children on free school meals, where they are attending as part of the Department for Education’s holiday activities and food programme
Other children, where the provision is:
- Reasonably necessary to enable their parents and carers to work, search for work, undertake education or training, or attend a medical appointment or address a medical need, or attend a support group.
- Being used by electively home educating parents as part of their existing arrangements for their child to receive a suitable full-time education.
- Being used as part of their efforts to obtain a regulated qualification, meet the entry requirements for an education institution, or to undertake exams and assessments
Children deemed clinically extremely vulnerable are advised not to attend out-of-school settings while shielding advice applies nationally. The Department of Health and Social Care has published updated guidance on ‘shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19’.
The typical Kids’ Club day includes a wide variety of activities for those in Years 4-8 to enjoy. A free time Swimming session is a very popular part of each day’s activities. The other three main daily activity sessions are designed with varying interest and ability groups in mind and children can choose from a number of themed afternoon activities that take place both indoor and outdoor around Clifton College’s Sports Centre. Throughout our programme we promote self expression, confidence building and, of course, fun by offering as much choice as possible.
Lunch and healthy snacks are included in the daily price.
During the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, we will be maintaining child groups in a “bubble” structure to ensure the safety of both the children and our staff. We continue to review the Government’s “Out of School Childcare” guidance and will adapt our internal processes as appropriate.
Typical Day Timetable
0800–0945 – Arrivals, Free Time including Table Tennis, Pool, Games, Arts & Crafts, Playstation/Wii, Movie
0945–1000 – Morning Registration and Notices
1000–1100 – Swimming
1100–1200 – Team Activity (e.g. Dodgeball, Rounders, Capture the Flag)
1200–1300 – Lunch and Tuck
1300–1330 – Free Time as per Early/Late
1330–1345 – Afternoon Registration
1345–1445 – Optional Themed Activities – Sport, Creative, Techno
1445–1500 – Drinks Break
1500–1600 – Optional Themed Activities/Competitions – Sport, Creative, Techno
1600–1800 – Departures, Late Stay including Table Tennis, Pool, Games, Arts & Crafts, Playstation/Wii, Movie